top of page
Cumaca

> Cumaca

Cumaca Nature Centre and Chapel (1).jpg

Our Lady of the
Holy Rosary

Feast day: 7th October

Address: Platanal Road, Cumaca via Valencia

Phone: 231-1819

Weekend Liturgy:

Sunday: 10:30 a.m.

Our Lady of the Holy Rosary R.C. Chapel, which forms part of the Cumaca Nature Centre, is the furthest but most picturesquely located community in the Cluster. Pristinely located 19km from Valencia, the building has become a historical site, being the only structure erected for use by the entire village community.

​The present building, constructed in the 1960’s under the direction of Rev. Fr. Kevin De Loughry OP, was primarily used as a Catholic primary school and chapel. This magnificent, blue-stone edifice was once a tapia structure; consisting of wood, mud, carat and timite, all donated by villagers who also built the school. Predominantly Catholic with a devotion to Our Lady, the Chapel was dedicated to the honour of Mary. The presence of the large blue butterfly, visible in Cumaca, was a sign of Her maternal protection and intercession.

bottom of page